Career and Professional Stress Counseling
You try so hard at everything you do. You have dedicated your life to your accomplishments. It feels like a sigh of relief when others praise you for your ambition and dedication to others. Underneath, you also feel a sense of emptiness. No matter how hard you work, it always feels like something is missing. To others it might look like you have it all, but under all your busyness is the fear that you are not enough. Career and Professional Stress Counseling sounds scary, but it can help.
Part of you might be thinking, “What’s wrong with being a high achiever?” Especially, if you are doing something you enjoy. You’re right; we should honor your hard work, accomplishments, and natural gifts. Issues can arise when one loses sight of their whole self and begins to neglect physical, emotional, spiritual health. Maybe you don’t feel good about your achievements anymore, or you’ve begun to ignore all of the warning signs of burnout. When this happens, it’s only a matter of time before the mask of perfectionism falls off and leaves you vulnerable, exposed, and overwhelmed.
The stress of being a constant high-achiever can be overwhelming emotionally, physically, and mentally. Sometimes it may feel like you can’t slow down for yourself and are constantly struggling to be better. Although high achievers seem cool, calm, and collected on the outside, anxiety could be eating away at them on the inside. In this hustle and bustle lifestyle that we currently all partake in, I completely understand this feeling. If you have ever thought to yourself or expressed the following phrases aloud or to yourself, let’s talk.
- I can’t say no to anyone.
- I can’t believe that no one sees that I’m not good enough to be here. I’m a fake and I don’t deserve this career.
- I take on too much and often feel overwhelmed.
- I feel fine but I lash out at my loved ones randomly.
- I can’t sleep at night but I feel tired all of the time.
- I wake up and instantly think of the countless tasks that I have to complete and instantly feel overwhelmed.
- My biggest fear is letting others down.
- I feel like I have to work extra hard to keep up with people around me.
- I thrive from validation from others and continually seek it.
- Even though I am exhausting from doing too much, I feel as if I’m never doing enough.
- I overplan and often arrive at appointments and meetings way too early because I fear being late.
- I strategize often and am extremely detail oriented but sometimes it takes over my life.
- I do not like feeling out of control and try to seize control in multiple situations.
- I take out my stress on those that are closest to me.
Although you have a high success rate and are seemingly winning at life, the weight of your own expectations can be unbearable. Through Career and Professional Stress Counseling, we can work on ways to help find yourself again and your inner peace. Your life is meant to be fulfilling in ways outside of your perceived success. Together, we can work on strategic methods to separate yourself from all the other parts of you, because YOU ARE good enough and YOU CAN handle anything.